Creating a version in Arcgis Pro

Jump to solution
09-23-2019 07:53 AM
JustinHarwell
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a new version on a database in ArcGIS Pro. When using the create version tool open I noticed I am unable to alter input connections to a database. Under Input Connections can pull up all my network drives but no database connections are shown. Any direction on connecting to the database would be greatly appreciated.

***Update***

Perhaps more information is needed here. We post-process and delete all versions after post-processing. I normally go to ArcCatalog and create a version from there. I am trying to do this in Pro instead of Arcgis. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Justin - as Ryan mentioned, go to the Catalog Pane in AGP, expand Databases, right-click your database connection and select Versions from the Context Menu.  A versions tab opens up in AGP as well as Versions contextual tab to create/manage/delete your Versions.  See the graphics below.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I'm assuming you have already made database connections in the ArcGIS Pro project?

Alternatively to using the tool, in the Catalog pane, you can right click the database and then click Versions. A new pane will appear and you can create a version from there.

JustinHarwell
New Contributor II

Thank you for the response!

Perhaps more information is needed here. We post-process and delete all versions after post-processing. I normally go to ArcCatalog and create version from there. I am trying to do this in Pro instead of ArcCatalog

The database connection is made, however, if I right-click on the database I get the attached image, I do not see anything saying version.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Justin - as Ryan mentioned, go to the Catalog Pane in AGP, expand Databases, right-click your database connection and select Versions from the Context Menu.  A versions tab opens up in AGP as well as Versions contextual tab to create/manage/delete your Versions.  See the graphics below.

Hope this helps!

JustinHarwell
New Contributor II

Thank you! When I was going to Catalog Plane > Favorites to pull up the database instead of Catalog Plane > Projects. That is where my confusion was thank you!!!