Creating a Vector Tile Style and Zoom Levels Not Working

02-20-2021 09:24 AM
tqwhitetech
New Contributor

Hello GeoNet Community!

I am working on a custom style Vector Tile Style and I have it just about exactly how I want it, but I am having issues with the zoom level.

What I am trying to do:
I am making a Vector Tile Style that is Black and White. Everything is White except the roads, with major roads in Black, and minor roads in grey.

What I have done:
I got the major roads black just like I want, and I got the minor roads to be the color that I want. I have gone in (as shown in Figure 1) and set the minor roads to be visible at zoom levels all the way out to five, with a stop at 9 that has a defined line thickness.

What isn't working:
Even at zoom 10, which is closer than the stop at 9, the minor roads are not displaying on the map (Figure 1). When I zoom in to 12, they are showing (Figure 2). 

What I need:
I would love if someone here can tell me where I have gone wrong and why these lines aren't showing up when I am zoomed out to 10, or even 9.

Thanks in advance!

Figure 1:
zoom10.PNG

Figure 2:
zoom12.PNG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mollywhite1
New Contributor

I am encountering the same issue.  Were you able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
Matthew_Muehlhauser
New Contributor II

My guess is that it's extrapolating the width from 9 to 5 using the transition from 9 to 14. So that would be about a 0.5 line width decrease each stop, which would result in a negative width making it invisible. I would try adding another stop at zoom level 5 with a value of 0.1 so that the value stays 0.1 from 5 to 9. 

0 Kudos