Create a "Tab Group" under Options....is it possible?

05-04-2021 08:33 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

In my config.daml I can create a Tab Group, and then create tabs and groups within, but that is all done in code.  Is it possible to do this without code just using the "Customize the Ribbon" menu?  I see that I can create a tab in an existing group, but I do not see how to create my own new group of tabs.

This is a screen shot of what I'm trying to build through the "Customize the Ribbon" menu:

BrianBulla_0-1620142411887.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Brian,

You can create customize tab and group both without any code. Please refer step by step code here:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/customize-the-ribbon.htm

DrVSSKiran_0-1620150716223.png

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Yes, I've seen that article but it does not mention anything about creating a Tab Grouping.  Can it be done through the "Customize the Ribbon" window??  

0 Kudos
DrVSSKiran

Yes, you can. There is an option under the option settings. Please refer to the below screenshot.

DrVSSKiran_0-1620151496204.png

Here is the outputs which you are looking for,

DrVSSKiran_1-1620151844042.png

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

That's not what I'm looking for.  I'm looking to create a "Tab Group"....not just a regular group.  See my screenshot in the original post.  I'm trying to see if I can recreate the visual appearance where the two tabs "Digitizing Tools" and "Service Connection Tools" are grouped together under "DSM Custom Tools".

0 Kudos
DrVSSKiran

In that case, we need to create a plug-in or add-in with the customize coding. 

0 Kudos