Create a "search your address" field without geocoding?

02-28-2022 11:48 AM
KJueckstock
New Contributor II

I'm making a map where people can search an address to see what it is zoned for. Is there a way to make this happen without geocoding and using a lot of credits? I'm looking for some kind of work around if possible. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello K,

Are you publishing the map as a web map?  What data and infrastructure are you using?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
KJueckstock
New Contributor II

I am posting as a web map! I am making a trash and recycling map and would like residents to be able to plug in their address and have it zoom to their parcel and display their info in the pop up. Currently if they search the address it takes them to it, but doesn't auto select the parcel and automatically do the pop up. 

this is what I have 

https://williamstongis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=57ccbab43df148aeae932e33f554d...

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Right... so you are using the world geolocator to find the address which will only return an address point.  Do you have the address information in your parcel data?  If so, you can modify the search widget to use the situs address in your parcel data instead of the world geocoder.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
KJueckstock
New Contributor II

Yes I do have address info in the parcel data! I didn't realize I could modify the search widget in this way, thank you so much I will try that 🙂

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, that is how i configure our web apps to do searches based off the situs address.  Its more accurate for local use and I get the benefit of the search returning my pop-up information with the parcel outlined.   Before you change the search widget to use your parcel data, just make sure you configure your pop-up for the parcel to display properly and when the search results pop up, that is what will show.

Good luck!  Let me know if you need additional help.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos