Create a Polygon with a 50ft. width that is 8800 sq. ft. in Area

Jump to solution
03-20-2023 12:03 PM
MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

This seems like it should be pretty simple, but I just don't do enough of this type of work to know how to perform this efficiently. The line along the outside of this polygon (where I drew the red line) is apportioned in to 50 ft. segments. I'd like to create polygons that line up along that line for a subdivision. I was hoping to draw a parallel line to create the right side of the polygon and make the polygons each 8800 sq. ft. in area. Does anyone have a process to get this done pretty efficiently?

Thanks for your help in advance.  

MPach_1-1679338856042.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmyAndis
Esri Contributor

This was my mistake, I forgot to tell you that you need to use the Rectangle tool for the polygon to get the right click Direction/Size tool.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Related but not with all the parameters you need

Subdivide Polygon (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MPach
by

@DanPatterson Thanks I found that. Unfortunately, I can't figure out a method to get it to work the way I kind of need it too. I have a feeling it's because I'm under some pressure for this right now and part of my creative brain shut down 😔

0 Kudos
AmyAndis
Esri Contributor

Here is another idea, when creating the polygon you can use the Right click option Direction/Size:

AmyAndis_0-1679350376542.png

AmyAndis_2-1679350456080.png

AmyAndis_4-1679350574466.png

0 Kudos
MPach
by

I don't have that Direction/Size option. I only have a Direction/Distance option. I'm using Pro v 2.9. 

MPach_0-1679365623887.png

0 Kudos
AmyAndis
Esri Contributor

This was my mistake, I forgot to tell you that you need to use the Rectangle tool for the polygon to get the right click Direction/Size tool.

MPach
by

While that's not 100% exactly what I need I think that solution helps out enough where I can use it with a combination of manual drawing to get to a final solution. Thank you. 

0 Kudos