Create 3D borehole in local scene??

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 08:39 AM
OliverCostello
New Contributor

I have a table containing a collection of straight (not deviated) well bores each a X and Y a surface elevation of 0 ft and a negative total depth value in feet below surface. Total depths range from -1000 to -20000. Values for each well bore are in a single row in the table.

I am trying to create a well bore line/tube or other connecting the surface point to the total depth below surface. I'm not sure what kind of feature this might be, a series of points, line, polyline??

I've been researching this for days and I've seen examples here and there so I think it can be done but I have not been able to accomplish it yet. Any ideas?? Much thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if the steps in How To: Convert 2D points to 3D lines using 'from' and 'to' values  work for you?

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if the steps in How To: Convert 2D points to 3D lines using 'from' and 'to' values  work for you?

Think Location
0 Kudos
OliverCostello
New Contributor

I was unaware of Extrude under Appearance in local scene. I held my breath and there they were! Awesome! I've been flailing around w this for days. Thanks!

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Relatively straightforward, you can either build on the workflow suggested by @JayantaPoddar and then add the final step which is a 3D buffer of the polylinez layer, or you can just extrude your points into lines with a neagtive extrusion, run the FeatureTo3D tool and then buffer that polylinez

It's the 3d buffer that will get you a cylinder 👍

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos