Copy workspace location in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-30-2019 01:42 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Is there a way to copy the path from catalog pane in Pro (2.4 in my case) as you can in ArcCatalog?  It's real handy when writing python :

I can just highlight the path to the table above and paste it directly in my python window:

tableVariable = r'C:\temp\Scratch.gdb\testTable'
That should just about do it....
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Joe - yes there is.  In the Catalog View (not Catalog Pane), navigate to your data source and click the "path" box to the left of the Search Project UI top center of the Catalog View.  Click in the box - the path is highlighted.  From there, do a right click->Copy.  Voila - the path is copy and ready to paste in your Python script!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Joe - yes there is.  In the Catalog View (not Catalog Pane), navigate to your data source and click the "path" box to the left of the Search Project UI top center of the Catalog View.  Click in the box - the path is highlighted.  From there, do a right click->Copy.  Voila - the path is copy and ready to paste in your Python script!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Ah ha!  Thanks Robert!

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You can also use the Copy Path option from the Clipboard group - from either Catalog View or Catalog Pane:

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Very nice Kory!  Thanks!