copy network analyst service area polygon to ArcGIS Online web layer

Jump to solution
04-22-2020 03:49 PM
DanAllison
New Contributor III

I have a service area polygon generated locally in ArcGIS Pro, which I wish to copy to ArcGIS Online at a web layer. The reason I did not create the service area (walk time) in ArcGIS Online is that I have a lot of points and I could not afford the credits. But 'share as web layer' is not available for the service area group, or the polygon layer, or the polygon layer duplicated out of the service area group as a separate feature.

Am I missing something, or is this just an action I can't do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaxZeng
Esri Contributor

This workflow is supported on polygon layer duplicated out of the service area group as a separate feature class. It is not supported on the service area group layer or the polygon layer within the service area group layer. When you right click the feature layer in Content Pane, you should see the sharing menu and the share as web layer option within the sub-menu.

Is this your workflow and did you see the Share As Web Layer option being disabled?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MaxZeng
Esri Contributor

This workflow is supported on polygon layer duplicated out of the service area group as a separate feature class. It is not supported on the service area group layer or the polygon layer within the service area group layer. When you right click the feature layer in Content Pane, you should see the sharing menu and the share as web layer option within the sub-menu.

Is this your workflow and did you see the Share As Web Layer option being disabled?

0 Kudos
DanAllison
New Contributor III

Yes, that was my workflow, and yes, the Save As Web Layer was grayed out. However, I removed the feature layer, and brought it back in from the geodatabase, and it was no longer grayed out. Problem not understood, but solved. Thank you.

0 Kudos
MaxZeng
Esri Contributor

Mystery! But glad your problem is solved.

0 Kudos