Copy Features Geoprocessing Tool does not keep field Domains, Subtypes, Indexes, and Feature Relationship Classes

09-27-2022 01:20 PM
Labels (3)
JasonKSanford
New Contributor II

When using the Esri Geoprocessing tool to copy (selected) features from one feature Layer in an asset package file geodatabase to another empty Feature Class inside another Asset Package. The features are copied over correctly but all relationship classes, field domains, Subtypes and one of the global ID indexes are missing.

The various field domains are present in the new file geodatabase but the fields in the new feature class do not retain their domain specifications. Subtypes are missing and any relationship classes. Also, global id Indexes are not copied.

We are running the Copy Feature geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro version 2.9.1 with all of the default environment settings.

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

copy features supports a bunch of environment settings

Copy Features (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Transfer field domain descriptions (Environment setting)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

check your environments and see what can be improved

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JasonKSanford
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan,

I had tried all those settings too, but still having the above issues.

0 Kudos
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
JasonKSanford
New Contributor II

thanks for the advice, this does work, but unfortunately I am only looking to copy only selected features from a feature layer and not just the whole feature class.

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasonKSanford The recommended steps will be to create and configure the Utility Network from the asset package and then copy the utility network dataset for migration purposes. If you must copy at the asset package level, suggest duplicating the entire file GDB if you are running into issues. Additional documentation can be found at Utility network dataset administration. I also moved your post to Utility Network Questions.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
JasonKSanford
New Contributor II

Thank Ayan,

That's what I did as a workaround. I copied the entire asset package and then deleted the features in the feature classes that I did not need. I was hoping for performance purposes to be able to copy selected features instead, as it is only a small portion of the overall asset package features that I was interested in.

Thanks