Select to view content in your preferred language

Coordinate Table To 2-Point Line issue

09-14-2022 09:01 AM
davidchamberlain2
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a table containing two sets of coordinates(Not points). Specific passenger to specific destination. I want to create lines between each of the passengers locations and their destinations. I have used the Coord' to 2-point line tool in Pro to try and do this with Lat/Long although I do have Easting and Northing as well. I have used BNG as the projection in the tool. The resulting lines are very small scale and dont align with any basemaps. Does anyone have any idea where I am going wrong here? I will attach a sample of the coordinates I have.

Thank you

Dave

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
davidchamberlain2
New Contributor III

Hi @DanLee ,

I tried XY to Line. I get the attached error.

Thanks for your help, I need it!!

Dave

0 Kudos
DanLee
Esri Regular Contributor

First, the Easting and Northing may need to be switched when you run the tool; normally Easting would be X and Northing Y?

Can you run another tool, Buffer, for example, and have the output to that location?

Can you create a file geodatabase (.gdb) and have the output as a feature class in the gdb?

0 Kudos
davidchamberlain2
New Contributor III

Hi @DanLee ,

With a lot of trial and error the XY to Line worked using Lat/Long. I am very relieved. Thanks for pointing me to that tool as I don't think I would have ever achieved what I needed to with the one I was using.

Thanks again for your help, it was much appreciated and helpful.

Dave

0 Kudos
DanLee
Esri Regular Contributor

I am glad the tool worked with Lat/Long. But I am still wondering why it wouldn't work with your Northing/Easting as X and Y, if you used them in the right order, as I mentioned above.  If you feel there are bugs with this tool and with the first tool you used, it would be great if you could log the bug with Esri Costumer Care.  Thanks.  - Dan

0 Kudos