Convert Labels to Annotation Tool fails when FMV Standalone video exists in the TOC

01-27-2022 12:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Convert Labels to Annotation Tool fails when FMV Standalone video exists in the TOC. This reproduces when I have any Standalone Video in the TOC. If multiple Standalone Videos are in the TOC, the CIMPATH error messaging only reports the topmost video.

Start Time: Thursday, January 27, 2022 11:55:52 AM
ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
Invalid CIM dataset for path: CIMPATH=layers/p0680082_multiplexed_pitchsum.xml
Failed to execute (ConvertLabelsToAnnotation).
Failed at Thursday, January 27, 2022 11:55:54 AM (Elapsed Time: 1.55 seconds)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What release of ArcGIS Pro are you using?  I've looked at the internals and I don't see any incident about FMV and Convert Labels to Annotation GP tool causing a 999999 error.  Does this error occur in projects without a FMV video in the TOC?  Might be a bug...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1. The Convert Labels to Annotation tool succeeded when I removed the FMV Standalone Video from the TOC.

Not to complicate things unnecessarily, but the layer I was converting to annotation is a polygon feature class imported into Pro from a ArcMap 10.6.1 Map Package. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Good to hear it worked without the FMV layer in the Contents Pane.  The Map Package (*.mpk) from ArcMap would not be a problem as ArcGIS Pro can ingest those.  The map package (I believe) creates a fGDB in the process.  That will work just fine in Pro.

0 Kudos