Connecting to OneDrive in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
09-21-2018 11:35 AM
HeatherScroggins
Occasional Contributor II

So in ArcMap (10.5.1) when connecting to a folder I have the option to choose my OneDrive folder.....

Since this is available in ArcMap I assumed that it was available in Pro, but when I looked I couldn't find anything. Am I missing something? Or is connecting to a OneDrive folder not available in Pro yet?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ellen, so you actually want to load the project from One Drive... just an FYI, that has worked sometimes in the past with my students, but often, things don't go well.  We only use any cloudy drives as storage of backups or to move projects (and their folder contents) to other machines

EllenNodwell_IntegraShare
Occasional Contributor

Dan, we did solve the issue in another post thread you are tagged - We poked around and found that one user's OneDrive WAS showing up.  We found on the user machine having difficulty that OneDrive was hidden (learned this by opening the Properties of the OneDrive folder - it showed it was hidden).  We unchecked the box - waited for it to go through it's un-hiding paces, then closed the properties.  We opened ArcGIS Pro and sure enough - on the user's machine who could not see OneDrive before - after it was un-hidden it is now listed in their folder list.  Thanks for your inspiration for us to dig deeper!

BTW, we typically do not have issues with OneDrive - we have been using it for a long time, and steadily, it has improved over time - now a standard in Microsoft's Office 365, which also helps our mobile users to be able to work anywhere.