Conda Package Metadata not showing up in the Python Package Manager

02-11-2021 01:20 PM
SurendraPinjala
New Contributor II

I have a custom conda package with all the metadata fields (version, summary, description...). The package is installed successfully on the system, I can see  my package name in the Installed Packages and also version info. But Homepage link is not working, License and Description data is not available.
Please let me know how to populate these metadata fields. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Open this file in a text editor.

C:\Your_Pro_Install_folder\bin\Python\pkg-metadata\metadata.json

Is it listed there?

There are related threads to the right of your question, for example

Custom Conda Package Metadata Not Being Pushed - GeoNet, The Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SurendraPinjala
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan for you reply and sharing the link.

I have the same issue and checked  info/recipe/meta.yaml file, it is fully populated,

I have a description / summary entry for my package,

Do I need to send this information to someone who can you add it to metadata,json to include in a later Pro release? if yes, please share me contact details.

Do I need to update conda root environment?  if yes, please provide the instructions how to update conda environment.

btw, my package name is not listed in the C:\Your_Pro_Install_folder\bin\Python\pkg-metadata\etadata.json file.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The last metadata.json file that I mention is I think what is read and nothing else.  If esri doesn't package it, it doesn't seem to look elsewhere.  In fact some of the packages that they do use in their base install don't have metadata information when examined from within Pro.  That is when I turn to the folders and egg for the package itself to see if there is any pertinent information in the json files there.

PS  I don't do pip installs so I have no clue what that would result in either

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos