Clipping planes in ArcGIS Pro Local Scenes

Jump to solution
08-22-2016 05:20 AM
ÁkosHalmai
Occasional Contributor II

If the extent of a multipatch layer in ArcGIS Pro Local Scene is extremely small (e.g. 0.5 × 0.5 × 1 m; H×W×D) then the near clipping plane is too close. If I try to zoom in to see the details the view is simply truncated by the near plane. Can I somehow change the distance of these clipping planes?

Ákos Halmai

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Akos, just to let you know this issue should be resolved in ArcGIS Pro 1.4 (the next release of ArcGIS Pro).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Akos,

We'd like to see your data if you can share it through Esri Support.

ÁkosHalmai

I can share here too because it is only a sample from "unknown" location: https://community.esri.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/8672-102-1-10779/Cylinder.gdb.zip

I hope the URL working.

It is a simple cylinder with 36 sides (36+1 vertex on the top and 36+1 vertex on the bottom, constructed as TriangleStrip, where  the "+1" is the closing vertex) created by the GeneralMultipatchCreator CoClass from ArcObjects. Each vertex has texture coordinate, no normals included. The coordinate system is EPSG 23700. The problem is quite simple: I can’t zoom in enough to see the geologically important details of the texture. (The gray line is an orientation marker on it.)

0 Kudos
ÁkosHalmai

"Allow navigation below ground" is required...

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

OK I see what you're seeing.  I'll create a defect for my developers to take a look at.  

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Akos, just to let you know this issue should be resolved in ArcGIS Pro 1.4 (the next release of ArcGIS Pro).

ÁkosHalmai

Thanks! I’ll wait for it…

0 Kudos
ÁkosHalmai

Now, it’s working properly in ArcGIS Pro 1.4 alpha 4. Thanks! It’s a big help for us.

0 Kudos