Clip layers to shape extent ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-02-2015 04:27 PM
GregStevenson
New Contributor III

Has anyone had experience clipping layers to the extent of a shape in ArcGIS Pro?

It works perfectly on Desktop but in Pro it will only clip to the extent of the layer, not the shape. This gives a square, rather than the shape I want.

Is there an option somwhere that I haven't found yet?

32 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Andy, 

I'm unaware of any general clipped map / export issue. I was able to get a clipped result exporting to jpg.

Of course there may be something specific about your map, layout rendering, export options, etc... that results in the clip being ignored. Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Tom

0 Kudos
AndySiegel
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Tom. I ran into this problem with export to PDF. I just tested with JPG and PNG, those exports correctly show the clip...so the problem is probably with PDF. I will contact Esri Support and let them know. 

Andy

0 Kudos
ChrisBehee1
New Contributor II

Hi Andy,  I've got ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 and still get the export without the clipping being honored for both jpg and pdf formats (300 dpi).

0 Kudos