clip layers to map series index does not clip all features

Jump to solution
05-12-2020 12:04 PM
TrevorMillen
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have built an ArcGIS Pro map with 1 map tab, 1 layout tab and 14 features all stored in a single File GeoDB. I am trying to make a multi-series layout for PDF using "Layout properties > Spatial series > map extent > Clip to index feature" when I look at the layout it looks correct (picture 1), when I create the PDF several of my layers do not clip.

In the map tab > map properties > Clip Layers > I have nothing selected to be excluded. (picture 2)

1. map and layout look.

2.PDF export look with not clipped layers:

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Trevor, 

You may be interested in viewing a similar thread - ArcGIS Pro 2.4: Issues with exporting map series (clipped to index feature) to PDF . There is a known issue concerning the last layer in the draw order having transparency (BUG-000128447). Look to the bottom of the thread for an explanation and workaround.

This is one scenario that we know of where clipping is not working as expected. If your scenario/draw order is not similar to that outlined above, please contact support at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Trevor, 

You may be interested in viewing a similar thread - ArcGIS Pro 2.4: Issues with exporting map series (clipped to index feature) to PDF . There is a known issue concerning the last layer in the draw order having transparency (BUG-000128447). Look to the bottom of the thread for an explanation and workaround.

This is one scenario that we know of where clipping is not working as expected. If your scenario/draw order is not similar to that outlined above, please contact support at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

TrevorMillen
New Contributor III

Thank you Tom Bole, this solved my problem and like in the post you linked I did the same thing and moved the Index field to the top, but didn't try the bottom. My clients are very happy.

/cheers

Trevor

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Trevor, 

Glad I could help!  We hope to have this issue resolved for the 2.6 release.

Tom

0 Kudos