Classify Raster tool does not recognize Mask environment in ArcGIS Pro 1.4.1

03-02-2017 01:59 PM
GregYoung
New Contributor II

I am trying to run a classification in Pro using the Classify Raster tool.  Since it is a Spatial Analyst tool I assumed it would honour the Mask environment.  But when I ran the tool it processed the entire raster, ignoring the mask.  I double-checked the help and Mask is listed under Environments: Classify Raster—Help | ArcGIS Desktop .  

I tried using the same mask with the Raster Calculator in Pro and it worked as expected.  I then tried to run the Classify Raster tool with the same inputs and parameters in ArcMap 10.3.1, and it ALSO ignored the Mask environment.  Is this an uncaught bug?

Anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Just to be sure, did you set it in the Environments section of the actual tool or just the general geoprocessing options section?

0 Kudos
GregYoung
New Contributor II

Yes it was in the Environments section of the tool itself.  I also tried setting the Mask in the general settings, with the same result.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The only references I could find as bugs were for old versions of ArcMap and nothing for PRO.  You might have to zip up some data and forward it on to tech support

0 Kudos