Select to view content in your preferred language

Classify objects using deeplearning error 999999

02-15-2022 05:12 PM
ThéoRaduszynski
New Contributor

Dear community,

I have successfully trained a feature classification model with arcgis deep learning toolbox using jupyter notebook and want to do inference with my new model on a new zone. I am using google map extracted high resolution satellite imafes. But using the ClassifyObjectsUsingDeepLearning tool always ends up in

ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds. Failed to execute (ClassifyObjectsUsingDeepLearning).

It happens both when I use the tool inside the GIS (Pro 2.9.1) and also through jupyter and arcpy. It also happens regardless of using GPU or CPU. I really have no clue what happens... I cannot contact esri support because I am on a student license.

Thank you very much for your consideration

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Classify Objects Using Deep Learning (Image Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Classify Objects Using Deep Learning (Raster Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

both access points have specific requirements and assume that the proper environment has been set up

Esri/deep-learning-frameworks: Installation support for Deep Learning Frameworks for the ArcGIS Syst...

are you running the process from a cloned environment? or is everything in the base environment?

... sort of retired...
ThéoRaduszynski
New Contributor

Dear Dan, thank you so much for your answer

I think proper environment is well set up from the documentation indications.

The latest version of the deep learning framework is also used and worked well to train my model.

I am using everything in the base environment after I installed deep learning framework

Best,

Theo

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is the "...it contains the path to... " stuff in the parameters that often calls things to fail,  I would just check your details, because the 999999 message is almost a declaration of "... no clue what is wrong ..."

You can try searching similar questions in this community or

Problem: Unable to execute the Detect Objects Using Deep Learning tool in ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

you can spend the night reading similar messages on the Support site.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
FirdevsGuzel
New Contributor

Dear ThéoRaduszynski

PREVIEW
Have you found any solution? I am having the same problem now.
0 Kudos
LongNguy
New Contributor

First, you have to check the "Deep Learning Libraries for ArcGIS Pro" again.

ArcGIS Pro can handle almost blank parameters, so you need to focus on the reference surface, the process boundary of the dataset, and the target classification class name of the deep learning model.

The most important thing you need to focus on is the version of the environment used to prepare point cloud training data and to classify point clouds using the trained model. The classify point clouds using the trained model tool may not work properly on ArcGIS Pro version 3.0 or earlier.

I hope this helps the community!

0 Kudos