Classify LASD by Height error 050157: Class not registered

03-29-2023 10:49 AM
Labels (2)
GeorgeDurkee1
New Contributor III

Hi: 

I'm working with lidar to profile vegetation in the 1 - 4 meter class. When I use the Classify by Height tool on the LASD, I get an error: "ERROR 050157: Failed to process the LAS Dataset" and the reason given is "Class not registered." However, when I go through each LAS individually, the tool works fine.

There's a solution referenced from 2016 but I'm not quite clear on how to do it or if it's applicable to my problem: 

Error: Class not registered (esri.com) 

Memory is hazy but the problem might (?!) have started when I cloned my old SSD "C" drive to a newer M.2 drive. In any event, classifying by height tool has worked for me in the past but all recent runs have gotten this error message.

Thanks for any help anyone here can give!

George

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SamanthaOsborne1
New Contributor II

Did you find a solution. I just ran into this problem now. After I already did the same workflow with other LASD. I'm not sure why the dataset Im working with is causing this problem.

0 Kudos
GeorgeDurkee1
New Contributor III

Hi. No. It's especially weird because it seems to only happen with the lidar dataset I've been working with for Tuolumne County, CA. But when I've used the Yosemite National Park lidar and reclassified height (from the default) in an LASD set, it goes fine.

Also, as mentioned, it works fine on the Tuolumne set if I reclassify each file individually, just not as a set of, say, 5 in an LASD. With Yosemite I did a 15 file LASD at once and, while it took forever, it worked with no errors.

So, what are the commonalities with your dataset and mine? That must have part of the answer.

I'll keep struggling and hope you or another community member can come up with a solution.

Thanks.

George