Check constraint violation

01-26-2023 09:35 AM
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am trying to give users privileges in Pro and cannot add them so some layers without getting a check constraint violation. I can't open the properties for the specific layer in the Group Layer giving me the error either. I can't seem to find any documentation on this.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm...I would start by running the Diagnose Version Table (Data Management ) GP tool to see if there are any issues with the versioning system tables (A & D's) first.  Based upon that, we can start digging deeper....

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

How do I get to the tables log?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So the Diagnose Versions Tables Log is an ASCII file that is the output from the tool.  You decide where the output should be written to - say C:\temp for example.

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

LauraMott_0-1675265239253.png

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ahhhh...the dreaded 999999 errror code!  Instead of writing the log file to your U: drive can you write it to your C: drive instead?  Does it error out again?

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

Sure does 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - I think I see what's happening in your screen shot.  You're missing the Target Version parameter.  See attached below for my GP tool.  It worked as expected.
diagnoseversions.JPG

0 Kudos
Laura
MVP Regular Contributor

Still fails

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - when I see strange things like this, one thing I do is rename the ESRI folder to ESRI_OLD.  There are two ESRI folders to rename.  One is in your C:\Users\<your_user_profile>\appdata\local and C:\Users\<your_user_profile>\appdata\roaming.  Close ArcGIS Pro, rename the folders, restart and load your *.aprx and try the GP tool again.  What is the result?  Also are you using your SDE (GDB Administrator) for the input database connection parameter?

0 Kudos