Charts for Reports in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
04-22-2021 01:45 PM
Labels (2)
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am getting started with charts and reports for ArcGIS Pro. The charting seems very limited. Two quick things I noticed right away: There is no pie-chart and you can't define the binning/categorization in histograms. I'm sure there are more shortfalls but these are big ones that  caught me off-guard.

I am wondering if there is good news. How do you feel about the reports? Are there plans for near future improvement? If not, how are you making charts with your GIS Data?

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Scott... I don't do feature services. 

Matplotlib is just a python package.  It plays nice with Pro and Notebooks (those in Pro and those outside of it)

If you are creating static graphs you shouldn't have issues.

Animated ones might be a separate issue

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I use Matplotlib, Seaborn and other python modules... if you are comfortable with python.  Matplotlib is distributed with Pro and Seaborn and other plotting packages can also be installed.  You can produce output in a variety of formats.  

Reports I don't use, but if they can incorporate any of the standard graphics formats, you should be good.

... sort of retired...
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

I will check it out and see what can be done. I will loook for an example using Matplotlib.

0 Kudos
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Do you have an example of using MatPlot lib and a feature service?

0 Kudos
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

Do you have an example of using MatPlot lib and a feature service? I am curious to see how it goes.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Scott... I don't do feature services. 

Matplotlib is just a python package.  It plays nice with Pro and Notebooks (those in Pro and those outside of it)

If you are creating static graphs you shouldn't have issues.

Animated ones might be a separate issue

... sort of retired...