Changing the Scanning Field in ArcPro Attribute Table

Jump to solution
07-30-2019 10:54 AM
HeatherStettler
New Contributor II

Kory Kramer You mentioned the possibility of "Set[ting] up a custom display expression on the layer that you're scanning" on this thread: https://community.esri.com/ideas/13727-scrolling-the-attribute-table-in-arcgis-pro?commentID=74993#c....

I can't find any tutorials about how to accomplish this. Can you please give me some advice?

I just want the scanning screen to display a field of my choice.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Heather - I researched Kory's "setting a custom display" expression and created one by right clicking the layer properties->Display->the "x" to the right of the Display field dropdown and created an Arcade expression with descriptive text, the attribute field and NewLine item as well.  You can see my example in the attached image.

Once you click OK twice to apply the Layer Properties, then when you do a table scan, stop at a point in the table, the expression is shown in the table.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Heather - I researched Kory's "setting a custom display" expression and created one by right clicking the layer properties->Display->the "x" to the right of the Display field dropdown and created an Arcade expression with descriptive text, the attribute field and NewLine item as well.  You can see my example in the attached image.

Once you click OK twice to apply the Layer Properties, then when you do a table scan, stop at a point in the table, the expression is shown in the table.  Hope this helps!