Changing Feature Template Symbols for data that doesn't exist yet

12-01-2021 03:40 PM
Labels (2)
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an empty layer for creating a set of features that use two values, a Species field and a Density Class field.

I've created a series of Domains that I would like the Feature Template to use when creating new features.

However, I'm having trouble finding how exactly to assign these values to templates. It seems to only register values that exist in the data, and the feature class doesn't have records that contain that data yet.

I can manually create a new Template and assign the specific fields and values I would like that template to use, but can't seem to find where to change the Drawing Symbol.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Henry
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Have you tried modifying the symbology for the layer using those two fields? If you have a domain table already, the symbology menu should recognize all of the possible values, even if they don't exist in the data. If they exist in the symbology, that should transfer to the editing template.

Note that I'm just speculating -- no idea if this will solve your issue!

0 Kudos
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

I did try setting the symbology settings and it did populate for one field's domains, but not both. When I tried setting the symbology to use two fields (species, and density). It only popualted symbols for those rows that had data already.

I ended up just creating some bum featrues for each species and density class combo and then assigning the symbology once those rows were filled.

Henry
0 Kudos