Select to view content in your preferred language

Change Line and Point Symbol Color in Dimensions Feature Class

04-30-2019 06:57 AM
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a way to change the arrow and line color of a dimension feature class in ArcGIS Pro.  I see where you can change the text color, but not the arrow/line color.  I am using 2.3.2 and can't seem to find it anywhere. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mitch,

I too am unable to find a way to change the arrow / line color. If no one else replies with an answer for you, I would recommend contacting Tech Support so that they can log an enhancement for this issue and we can consider it for a future release.

Jonathan

JarretBaker2
Esri Contributor

It seems that Dimensions completely rely on what Styles are available in the current project. Since you can't directly change the color of the already existing symbols in Styles here, a workaround would be to create a new custom Style in your project and add your own point symbols for the arrows and your own line symbol to this Style. Once you have created and added the symbols that you want to use with the Dimensions to your new Style, you should be able to select those symbols from the symbol selector when you click the 'More point symbols...' option. Here is the documentation on how to create new symbols in a Style for your project:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/projects/manage-styles.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_ED3F5867C8D142A0BCB5...

Doing this you should be able to customize the points and line completely with whatever shape and color you need. 

0 Kudos
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

Jarret,

Thanks so much for the reply.  It's funny I actually thought of that and tried it out yesterday, but I don't think it will work with a map series with a rotated Map Frame.  When the Map Frame is not rotated, the custom symbols look good.

In Layout with Map Series enabled (and rotation is set via a Strip Map Index), the symbols don't honor the rotation of the Map Frame.

Is there a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
Cerly-MarkoJärvela
New Contributor II

How did you manage to change the dimensions color to white?

Is there a radial dimensioning option?

I am new to ArcGIS Pro but it looks like dimensioning is quite an effort in ArcGIS compared to a cad : ) Sorry for posting in a wrong topic if so.

0 Kudos