Change default split policy on new domains?

02-06-2020 08:22 AM
AnnaRoyar1
New Contributor III

Hello!

I am having to set up a bunch of new domains a day for the foreseeable future. Is there a way to have the split policy in domains automatically go to "duplicate" instead of "default" in all new domains. We NEVER need the "default" option and it is very easy to miss that step when setting up multiple things per day.

25 Replies
AaronWorthley1
Occasional Contributor II

Having the same issue- any solution found? Please ESRI, this has resulted in much work to fix lost attributes when forgetting to change default split policy to duplicate.

JCooley_ClackamasSWCD
New Contributor III

We have the same issue with default split policy when working with hosted feature layers.  There does not appear to be a way to change the split policy from the default value to duplicate.  This lack of functionality will prevent us from utilizing basic GP tools to reduce field worker data entry.  We want to add new fields to our data collection form (we enhanced said form using the Field Maps web app to streamline data collection) but there does not appear to be a way to set the split policy to anything other than "default."  The same issue exists with setting the merge policy for new fields.  Hypothetically we could download the hosted feature layers, update them and then replace the existing hosted feature layer but this will break the customized forms we developed.  Is there any documented work around that will let us manage these critical domain settings without blowing up our Field Maps forms?     

OliviaHarrison
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue with editing feature hosted layers in ArcGIS Pro 2.9. A colleague just used the same workflow/process in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.2 and doesn't have the same issue. It's a real time waster to have to add back attributes that were already there - my work is taking about three times longer than it should. Downloading the feature hosted layer, editing and reloading will also not work for us. 

PaulHarrison
New Contributor III

Was this resolved?  I am having the same issue.  It didn't occur until after we upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0 and we have been trying to split AGOL feature services through Pro.

Interestingly, when we try to split the feature service on a PC still running Pro 2.8 the Split Policy seems to honor the "Duplicate" option.  Very odd...

Would really appreciate some support on this.

Cheers.

PaulHarrison
New Contributor III

Was this resolved?  I am having the same issue.  It didn't occur until after we upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.9.0 and we have been trying to split AGOL feature services through Pro.

Interestingly, when we try to split the feature service on a PC still running Pro 2.8 the Split Policy seems to honor the "Duplicate" option.  Very odd...

Would really appreciate some support on this.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
OliviaHarrison
New Contributor III

I logged this issue with Esri UK Technical Support. It seems as though there is a bug with 2.9. I rolled back to 2.8.2 (their suggestion) so that I could carry on working efficiently. Not the best solution, but at least it works.

0 Kudos
PaulHarrison
New Contributor III

Thanks for the insight Olivia.  We may go down that path and wait for another patch that hopefully resolves the issue.  However, one of my colleagues who is quite good at digging up solutions has just got back from leave and it taking another look to see if there is a work around.  No doubt you'll see the post he finds a solution.

0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

Looking into this issue with Paul, could anyone confirm what this setting in the ArcOnline JSON editor might be? I can't find anything through the Googs. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1641865097491.png

We know the layer already supports splitting, and I'm unaware of how/where these settings are relevant. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Has there been any more movement on this?  I had my split policies set as duplicate prior to 2.9, but it appears they have reverted to Default.  Not helpful.