Cannot open ArcGIS Pro: A clock-rollback has been detected on your system. Please successfully authorize against your licensing portal to clear this error.

Jump to solution
02-28-2019 01:07 AM
HughGraham
New Contributor II

Hello,

I ran a python script overnight, the aim of which was to import many files in GML format with Data interoperability's 'Quick Import' The task was fairly intensive and run across multiple processes. 

The programme failed and now I cannot open Arc Pro. On opening I am met with the following error message:

"A clock-rollback has been detected on your system. Please successfully authorize against your licensing portal to clear this error. "

I then try to login via my University's enterprise account and the error message appears again!

I'd rather not do a complete reinstall if possible as this would involve rebuilding several conda environments.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers, 

Hugh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HughGraham
New Contributor II

Right sorted now...

I followed these steps as recomended by ESRI support to uninstall Arc Pro:

• Attempt to uninstall ArcGIS Pro from the Control Panel. If you can't do this, or it doesn't work, then proceed to the next step.
  • Ensure that all ArcGIS Pro processes are not running in the Task Manager. These are usually the following:
    • ArcGISCleanup.exe
    • ArcGISPro.exe
  • Rename/Delete the following files if they still exist:
    • C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro and any other Pro folders
    • C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcGISPro
    • C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\ArcGIS\ArcGIS Pro
  • Rename/Delete the following registry keys if they exist:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online For Pro
  • Reboot the system, and attempt to run the Install of ArcGIS Pro. This should allow you to install the software as new.

It was then necessary for ESRI to "recover"  my license.

Thanks for the help.

Hugh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Hugh Graham,

Good afternoon! My name is Joe and I work in Esri Support Services. I ran through some of the cases we have logged internally on this topic and there seems to be a few different things you can try to resolve this issue!

Before I list off some of these troubleshooting steps, my one question for you is what type of licensing are you using for ArcGIS Pro? Named User, Single Use or Concurrent Use?

Below are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• If using Named User licensing, you can try re-assigning your username an ArcGIS Pro license in ArcGIS Pro or Portal for ArcGIS (whichever platform you use for licensing). Revoke the current license, and save the changes. After the save, go back in and reassign yourself a license. Do you still encounter this error when launching ArcGIS Pro?
  • Perhaps you might try checking the time and date settings on your machine? Confirm that the settings are correct and the time is correct. I know I've run into issues with licensing depending on if daylight savings are enabled on the machine.
  • Lastly would be a clean uninstall/reinstall of ArcGIS Pro. I know you'd want to avoid this step, which is why it's last. Here is a link to the Microsoft uninstaller (which will clear out any leftover files which would be causing this issue):https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal... 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns for me.

Cheers,

Joe

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a similar issue and it was resolved by correcting the time zone.

HughGraham
New Contributor II

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for the reply.

I am fairly sure that I have a named user license. I access ArcPro via the enterprise login section. 

Prior to this error I had requested access to Arc Pro offline.

As I am unable to open Arc Pro I am unable to edit my settings in the Portal - is there another way that I can access the portal?

Time settings on my PC seem to be as normal...

I have tried a complete uninstall - when running the additional microsoft utility that you provided I cannot locate ArcPro in the list of applications provided and therefore cannot run the utility as desired.

I have manually gone through the registry and removed all reference to ArcPro. Following a reinstall I now recieve an error stating that I am registered to use Arc Pro on another device and therefore still cannot log in. 

I have spoken to the admin at my University, who have contacted ESRI. They have requested that my offline permissions be reset ( Do you know of a way I can do this myself?). Hopefully then I will be able to open Arc Pro and access the Portal - I will let you know if this solves the issue.

Do I have any other options that I can try in the meantime?

Many thanks again,

Hugh

0 Kudos
HughGraham
New Contributor II

Right sorted now...

I followed these steps as recomended by ESRI support to uninstall Arc Pro:

• Attempt to uninstall ArcGIS Pro from the Control Panel. If you can't do this, or it doesn't work, then proceed to the next step.
  • Ensure that all ArcGIS Pro processes are not running in the Task Manager. These are usually the following:
    • ArcGISCleanup.exe
    • ArcGISPro.exe
  • Rename/Delete the following files if they still exist:
    • C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro and any other Pro folders
    • C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcGISPro
    • C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\ArcGIS\ArcGIS Pro
  • Rename/Delete the following registry keys if they exist:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online For Pro
  • Reboot the system, and attempt to run the Install of ArcGIS Pro. This should allow you to install the software as new.

It was then necessary for ESRI to "recover"  my license.

Thanks for the help.

Hugh

DerrickMontage
New Contributor

The amount of time I've wasted on trivial things concerning this software has made me decide to ditch it ASAP in favor of QGIS.

0 Kudos