Cannot import symbology in ArcGIS Pro but in ArcMap

12-20-2019 04:26 AM
LaraKirn
New Contributor II

Hi!

I have trouble importing a symbology for a point layer in ArcGIS Pro.

I previously used the same point shp in ArcMap and imported the same symbology and it worked. But in ArcGIS Pro I only get random symbols showing up after importing the symbology.

In order to use the symbology I had to install a specific font type which I did. 

Any idea about this problem?

Thank your for your help!

Lara

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JacobHelfman1
New Contributor III

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? I would experiment with different symbology or font types and see if those work. 

0 Kudos
LaraKirn
New Contributor II

Hi Jacob,

thank you for your comment.

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2

I figuered out the problem might be that it is a lyr-file and no lyrx-file. So there was no problem importing it in ArcMap but it comes to a problem when importing it in ArcGIS Pro. Any experience with that?

JacobHelfman1
New Contributor III

Can you convert the layer you're importing the symbology from to a feature class first? Try either of these tools: Feature Class to Feature Class—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop OR Feature Class to Feature Class—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
LaraKirn
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. I totally forgot to post the trick which solved the problem...

I found it in this post: Possible to load fonts into ArcGIS Pro 

The answer was to manually copy the font into the ArcGIS Pro fonts folder: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\Fonts

There seems to be a problem in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 with newly installed fonts...

Now it works!