Cannot Add Attachment to feature class

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 07:47 PM
KathleenHoenke
Occasional Contributor

I'm attempting to add attachments to a feature class. I enabled the attachments, and then went to add the attachments via the add attachments tool.

Specified the input dataset as the match table, and then the folder and field.

I keep getting the error "Cannot open File D:\Programs\Connectivity\1_Assessments\USFWS_R4\R4 Fish Barrier Inventory\Culverts\Culverts by state\USFS Southeast Stream CAT\Chattahoochee Oconee 2006_09\Georgia\GA-2009-New01_In.jpg"

for all of my attachments. 

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KathleenHoenke
Occasional Contributor

I have found the solution. I was pointing to the folder that the photos were in, when the folder name was actually already in my file path, so it was doubling the folder name. I had to actually point to the folder that the folder was in. Thanks all!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Kindly ensure the current User has at-least Read access to the desired folder(s). Copy the file path from the error message and ensure the exact path exists (from Windows Explorer).

Think Location
0 Kudos
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Verify the folder path actually exists and you can read data there. Just a guess here but you may have to work with your IT department to make sure these files can be read by ArcGIS.

Also, your file path is extremely long, with spaces and special characters. I recommend shortening it up. As a test, you can copy the contents to your C drive with a short file path and test that. 

0 Kudos
KathleenHoenke
Occasional Contributor

I have found the solution. I was pointing to the folder that the photos were in, when the folder name was actually already in my file path, so it was doubling the folder name. I had to actually point to the folder that the folder was in. Thanks all!

0 Kudos