Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you import multiple geocoded png files as point symbols?

Jump to solution
11-17-2021 06:12 AM
DavidZiegler
New Contributor III

I have a hundreds of company logo png files that I am trying to batch import as point symbols. I haven't had much luck batch importing them to XY points (seems you have to do it individually...way too many for this). 

However, could one geocode (associated XY coords) with the png files (via some software, or other) and then  import them as point symbols? 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

@m3 

• It doesn't work with labels, only with symbology (but I guess you're actually using symbology)
  • It doesn't work with attachments. You have to read the byte data into the actual table.

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
m3
by
Occasional Contributor II

The instructions are simple enough but it doesn't work for me.  2.9 or 3.1-2. Different APRX, different images, just get the broken image symbol, I just gave up

0 Kudos
DavidZiegler
New Contributor III

Johannes,

I put the code verbatim into the Python script window (found in analysis); but, how do I run it? I don't see a go, or run. 

0 Kudos
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Change NameOfLogoLayer to the actual name of the logo layer (or the path to the feature class).

To run, skip to the end of the code and press enter.

Have a great day!
Johannes
DavidZiegler
New Contributor III

Does the Python need to be activated? 

0 Kudos
DavidZiegler
New Contributor III

Johannes: Sent you a direct message with attachment. 

0 Kudos
DavidZiegler
New Contributor III

Johannes: Sent another attachment, with code--the code ran this time, but got an error. Screen capture is in private message. Again, many thanks. 

0 Kudos
DavidZiegler
New Contributor III

Johannes: I have the URL of the logo in logo path--but what goes into logo data? I have nothing in that column--what should be there? 

0 Kudos
DavidZiegler
New Contributor III

IT WORKED!!

0 Kudos