Can we create console application using ArcGIS Pro SDK ?

Jump to solution
12-08-2022 07:35 PM
Labels (2)
shamnasPC
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have batch job in Arcobjects (10.6) to process Featureclasses using traditional versioning. Now as part platform migration from 10.6 to 10.9 environment, and changing traditional versioning to branch versioning. I won't be able use arcobjects to support the batch job to run. Is there any way to create console application using ArcGIS Pro SDK to process branch version data  or only Arcpy is an option to achieve this?

Appreciate any  suggestions to achieve this ?

Thanks,

Shamnas

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

Hi

Not so simple.

Most Pro SDK works only inside Pro. The only option in pro SDK is CoreHost, see here: https://github.com/esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/proconcepts-CoreHost

Other option is to use Python. Arcpy for Pro can run in stand alone application.

The ESRI solution for stand alone application is ArcGIS Runtime

View solution in original post

shamnasPC
New Contributor III

Thanks Mody for the suggestion, I have chosen to use ArcPro SDK with CoreHost to convert the batch job

0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Hi @shamnasPC 

How is your .Net console application conversion going to ArcPro SDK with CoreHost?

3 Replies
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

Hi

Not so simple.

Most Pro SDK works only inside Pro. The only option in pro SDK is CoreHost, see here: https://github.com/esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/proconcepts-CoreHost

Other option is to use Python. Arcpy for Pro can run in stand alone application.

The ESRI solution for stand alone application is ArcGIS Runtime

shamnasPC
New Contributor III

Thanks Mody for the suggestion, I have chosen to use ArcPro SDK with CoreHost to convert the batch job

0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Hi @shamnasPC 

How is your .Net console application conversion going to ArcPro SDK with CoreHost?