Can't sign in to ArcGIS Pro after license renewal?

Jump to solution
06-25-2021 05:35 PM
HeatherShearer55
New Contributor III

Hello, my organisation said that the licenses would automatically renew after they expired (midnight yesterday). However, today I cannot sign in either as Named User or Concurrent User License. Of course, it is Saturday and I cannot contact our GIS Administrator because, unlike me, they are not working....

Any idea of how I could sign in just for this weekend? Tried airplane mode/ work VPN no luck

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
HeatherShearer55
New Contributor III

Yes and yes, but I managed to get on to IT support at work and they said the license renewal has not fully synced across the organisation - so I should put this as the solution 

View solution in original post

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you sign in to Pro, what is your active portal in your settings? Do you know if your licenses are being managed through AGOL, or through a separate License Server Administrator?

If the former, then yes, they probably ought to have updated automatically, and you should reach out to Esri to check on this. If the latter, however, the new license file would need to be generated and applied to both the Portal as well as the License Server Administrator. Forgetting to update the LSA would cause the problems you're seeing.

Also: are you able to log into your organization on AGOL / Portal?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Can you sign in to ArcGIS Online? If so, check you have a Pro license assigned.

0 Kudos
HeatherShearer55
New Contributor III

Yes and yes, but I managed to get on to IT support at work and they said the license renewal has not fully synced across the organisation - so I should put this as the solution 

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you sign in to Pro, what is your active portal in your settings? Do you know if your licenses are being managed through AGOL, or through a separate License Server Administrator?

If the former, then yes, they probably ought to have updated automatically, and you should reach out to Esri to check on this. If the latter, however, the new license file would need to be generated and applied to both the Portal as well as the License Server Administrator. Forgetting to update the LSA would cause the problems you're seeing.

Also: are you able to log into your organization on AGOL / Portal?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
HeatherShearer55
New Contributor III

Yes to the latter - I could login fine, but according to IT support, they might need to check with the license server (not sure exact term) on Monday. In the meantime, am working on Desktop because that license still seems to be valid so I can still do the analysis that I need to set up the project. Thanks!

0 Kudos