Can't share an image with image's world file to arcgis online

Jump to solution
01-20-2021 12:59 PM
Marie-JoëlleDesgagné
New Contributor III

Hi, I tried to follow this exact tutorial: Interactive Images in StoryMaps (arcgis.com)

When I come to the step of sharing my selected layer as a web layer, I can't click on Publish or analyze if I choose Tile as layer type. If I choose Feature layer type and analyse before I share, I get this:Capture.JPG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To circle back, looks like this was due to not having publishing permissions?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Can you provide a screenshot of the Share As Web Layer General tab as you see it when the options are not selectable?

It won't work as a feature layer without a source layer (feature data). 

0 Kudos
Marie-JoëlleDesgagné
New Contributor III

Hi Aaron,

I am not sure about the source layer. How could I verify I have one? All I know is that my raster is georeferenced as I can see the control points (see picture1). The picture 2 shows the screenshot of the Share As Web Layer General.

Thank you very much !

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the screenshot!

I have a couple more questions:

1. What version of Pro are you using?
  2. Are you currently signed in? Those will be grayed if you got signed out of the portal/org:

notsignedin.png

2. Have you published anything to your organization before? I am thinking about your permissions and wondering if you have publishing or if it could have been changed for some reason?

0 Kudos
Marie-JoëlleDesgagné
New Contributor III

Hi Aaron,

I am using the version 2.7.0

Yes I am signed in and I tried on a other layer to see if it would work and I am able to share it easily. So I think the problem comes from my picture. 

Thank you !

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using the data from that link so that is a bit odd. 

One thing that is different is you are using the file name as the web layer name. Does it contain a period still prior to jpg? It is hard to tell if you added an underscore. If it is there, then that should not allow it to publish, but Pro should throw an error that can be dismissed. If the period (.) is there, can you remove it and see what happens?

If it is removed, have you tried removing the layer and re-adding it? Or trying a new map? 

0 Kudos
Marie-JoëlleDesgagné
New Contributor III

Hi Aaron,

Still the same error message when I removed the dot. Is my configuration normal (see picture attached). I put the two folders in my project.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing looks irregular to me in that screenshot. In the publish dialog, for the name, what if you just give it a truncated name like StillLife as a test? If that doesn't work I'd like to connect you with support as there may be something obvious I am overlooking.

0 Kudos
Marie-JoëlleDesgagné
New Contributor III

Still not working haha ! I would also like to connect with you for support if that is possible.

Thank you again,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found your info and had a case logged so someone will reach out to you today. Let's circle back here with the resolution to this. Thanks Marie-Joëlle!