Can't schedule raster calculator

02-01-2023 05:16 AM
Labels (1)
JonahRemigio
New Contributor II

Hello, I'm running a student trial version of ArcGIS Pro and am trying to schedule a Raster Calculation from the geoprocessing toolbox. I can do this perfectly fine without scheduling.

However, when I "schedule" the operation, when it's supposed to run it will process for around half a second and then throw up an exclamantion point within a red octagon but with no error message at all.

When you hover over the red octagon with the exclamation point, there's no error message at all. In fact, it says the operation is still "Active." (see below)

JonahRemigio_0-1675257151450.png

I've done everything I can. I've put in the file paths instead of the layer names of the rasters. I've made sure my paths are right. I have Python installed, and everything is updated. All my directories are pointing where they should be. There's nothing wrong with the command syntax because it runs perfectly fine without scheduling.

It's all done local. While I have OneDrive hooked up to this machine, everything is done on the desktop. The two rasters for the calculations are approximately 50GB each, and don't have any errors. This seems to purely be a software bug with ArcGIS.

I haven't found a single other post that has dealt with this or can explain what the exclamation point means.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have a Named User licensing, you must check the Sign me in automatically check box when signing in to the user account. This is required for the scheduled tool to run outside the ArcGIS Pro application.

You might want to log scheduled tools as well.

Schedule geoprocessing tools

Think Location
0 Kudos
JonahRemigio
New Contributor II

Sadly, this didn't fix the issue. On top of that, when the error pops up, there's no log written, so it's a bit of a black box.

0 Kudos