Can't save ArcGIS Pro Project - SaveProjectAsync Failed

05-12-2016 01:27 PM
RyanCooper1
New Contributor

I've been working on a project in ArcGIS Pro 1.2 today. After a day of successfully being able to save my project, I am now unable to do so. Each time I try to save I am given the following error ProjectService::SaveProjectAsync Failed.

arcgis-pro-no-save.JPG

I have taken the following measures:

• Restart ArcGIS Pro
  • Uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS Pro
  • Restart my computer
  • Create a new copy of my project

Following each of these measures I have reopened ArcGIS Pro, panned the map a little and then tried to save. Each time, I have received the above error message.

The project I'm working on is fairly simple and has made use of some of the basic geoprocessing tools. Looking back at the time between my last save and this error, I'm having trouble recalling any unusual processes or methods I used. Other than importing a feature class into my project geodatabase, most of the work has involved clipping and styling the datas' symbologies.

I apologize for some of the vagueness on the moments leading up to this error. If there's some useful bit of information that would help to solve this, I'm happy to hunt it down. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
IrvinGoldblatt
New Contributor

I also am having the same issue with ArcGIS Pro 1.3.  My Esri technical contact recommended I submit a support ticket, has anyone done this yet?  If so, what was the response.

0 Kudos
CiroRomero
New Contributor II

The issue seems to be related to the below bug:

BUG-000092702: "When the source data for a raster function, such as the Hillshade function, is moved to a different folder, the data source path of the raster function cannot be repaired to direct it to the source's new location."

Basically, if the Hillshade layer shows an exclamation mark, it means that its data path is broken, and you will not be able to save the Project until the data path issue gets resolved .

I advise you to remove the hillshade layer from the table of contents and follow the below steps to create a new function:

1. Click on the Analysis tab.
2. Click on Raster functions.
3. On the search box type Hillshade > enter
4. Click on 'Hillshade' function 
5. Parameters:
- Raster = elevation
- default parameters for the other ones
6. Click on Create layers
7. A hillshade layer will be added to the table of contents.
8. This layer is linked to the elevation raster and will reside only in the project.

Thank you,

Ciro

0 Kudos
AmyWork3
New Contributor III

We are seeing this error recently with several classes on our campus. We are using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 on a .net 4.000 framework. They are experiencing this when trying to export a layout (pdf,jpeg) to a network storage drive. File paths have been updated to remove all spaces. They aren't using raster data. Their projects are now corrupted.

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

0 Kudos