Can't enter field alias using same name as field

Jump to solution
06-06-2023 12:49 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2; mobile geodatabase

I have a standalone table with a field called width_feet. In the Fields View, I want to enter an alias using the same name: width_feet. But when I hit save, the alias doesn't get committed (the alias disappears).

The only way I've found to enter an alias that is the same as the field name is to:
Enter a fake alias first, save, then replace the fake alias with the real alias.

I'm aware that this is an unusual use case. An alias that is the same as the field name doesn't have much practical use, since I assume the field name will be used by default -- anywhere the alias would have been used. But I still think this is a potential issue -- causing confusion for users. Am I missing something; is there a reason for it to work like that?

Video:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Esri Case 03359763 - Can't enter field alias using same name as field

BUG-000158912 - User with ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 and mobile geodatabase can't save field alias using same name as field for their standalone table.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Esri Case 03359763 - Can't enter field alias using same name as field

BUG-000158912 - User with ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 and mobile geodatabase can't save field alias using same name as field for their standalone table.

0 Kudos