Can't create a tile package for a referenced mosaic dataset ?

01-13-2020 04:52 AM
AlcisDevAccount
New Contributor

Hi Everyone, 

I'm trying to create a map tile package (.tpkx) for a time aware mosaic dataset to be included in mobile map package and later used offline in Explorer for ArcGIS (the mosaic dataset is visible when zoomed in beyond 1:55,000). I have some polygons (areas of interest), so I created a referenced mosaic dataset and specified the extent to one polygon of those. 

It worked perfectly and now I have a ref. mosaic dataset clipped to my polygon Then, I tried to generate the tile package for this mosaic, with some inputs , it takes ages and then the output is empty map (see image 3). Can someone advise what might have happened? Any best practices?

Garima Tiwari‌ any advice? your help here is much appreciated 

Ahmed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

your east west extent is quite large, did you enter those or select them somewhere

0 Kudos
AlcisDevAccount
New Contributor

Hi Dan, 

Actually, these values are populated automatically, when I choose the feature class as extent. 

0 Kudos
GarimaTiwari
Esri Contributor

Alcis DevAccount‌, can you try changing your min/max level of detail to be 10/12 ? Do you get bundles created in the Level 11 and Level 12 folders?

0 Kudos
AlcisDevAccount
New Contributor

Hi Garima, 

Unfortunately not. Even when I change the min/max to 10/12 I don't get any bundles created. I changed the input to be a normal mosaic dataset, specified one polygon and it worked. Do you think it has a problem with the referenced mosaic dataset? Can I specify the extent to be more than one polygon? 

0 Kudos
GarimaTiwari
Esri Contributor

Alcis DevAccount‌ Would you please share your mosaic dataset with tech support and we can take it from there. 

The CreateMapTilePacakge tool can only use one polygon for the extent. If you would like to use a multipart polygon you should consider "ManageTileCache" gp tool to generate the cache and then package it using "exportTileCache" tool.

0 Kudos