Can I set labels for multiple layers at once?

Jump to solution
05-26-2023 03:07 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I see this idea - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/change-symbol-or-label-properties-for-multiple/idi-p/... 

so I don't think I can do this but I wanted to check.

I want to set the labels for every layer in a group at one time. Set the field, the color, the font, the size etc.

Here's the labeling tab in TOC:

AndreaB_0-1685138685380.png

Here's the Drawing order tab in TOC:

AndreaB_1-1685138734571.png

Does anyone know? Or what's the best Idea to Kudo to get this recognized? 

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

One option, in the labeling tab, select the desired label class of the feature class with the labels you want to copy, right click and select copy.  You can now select multiple layers in the labeling pane, right click and under paste, you will see some options:

RhettZufelt_0-1685465796703.png

R_

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

One option, in the labeling tab, select the desired label class of the feature class with the labels you want to copy, right click and select copy.  You can now select multiple layers in the labeling pane, right click and under paste, you will see some options:

RhettZufelt_0-1685465796703.png

R_

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RhettZufelt that was it! Exactly what I was looking for! I didn't know it could be done. Hidden features. Thank you!!

Note to others - don't make the first mistake I made by right clicking on the Layer Name in your selected list, you won't get the right menu: 

wrong right click menu labeling tab.jpg

 You have to right click on the label class name.

0 Kudos
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

Text Symbol properties can be set for multiple labels at the same time from the Labeling tab on the ribbon or from the Symbol tab of the Label Class pane.

JesseWickizer_0-1686177695776.png

Position settings can only be set for one label class at a time, though copying and pasting label settings like @RhettZufelt suggested is useful to easily apply placement styles to multiple label classes of the same geometry type.