Can I limit maximum RAM used by ArcGIS Pro on Windows Server 2012

Jump to solution
06-09-2021 06:36 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any way to limit the maximum RAM that ArcGIS Pro will use for a single user when running on Windows Server 2012. I am running a process at the moment that is grabbing all the available memory on the whole server (it's using over 20Gb out of the 32Gb available) and hence the performance for all users on the server is suffering as memory usage is running at 99%.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Within Pro itself, there is no configuration to achieve what you ask.  I suggest you search the web for general Windows Server solutions to limiting process memory usage.  There are some tools that may work for you, although I don't know what the impact would be on Pro application sessions of forcing memory restrictions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It will be well received by the Esri Community. For now, I could only find an open Idea page for RAM/Memory Allocation for Pro . You may upvote the idea as well.

Think Location
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Within Pro itself, there is no configuration to achieve what you ask.  I suggest you search the web for general Windows Server solutions to limiting process memory usage.  There are some tools that may work for you, although I don't know what the impact would be on Pro application sessions of forcing memory restrictions.