Can I explode a multipart multipatch to single part without losing its texture?

02-18-2017 09:56 AM
ÁkosHalmai
Occasional Contributor II

Explode tool from Editor is not working (multipatch is not supported), Multipart to Singlepart GP drops the textures immediately.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

multipart to singlepart the help topic indicates what is retained during the process. You would have to redo that portion since it appears to work as designed

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Although Multipart to Singlepart is the tool to go for breaking multipart feature parts to singlepart feature parts, but using this tool on multipatch features might result in loss of properties of multipatch data.

I used the tool for multiple multipatch data, which resulted in empty output everytime.

Ákos Halmai‌: Why do you want to explode the multipatch features? Let me know if you are able to implement the Multipart to Singlepart tool successfully.

Think Location
ÁkosHalmai
Occasional Contributor II

I got a building model in kmz with a collada model inside. It was exported from a CAD software called ArchiCAD. Importing a collada via “Import 3D files” results a single (multipart) feature per model. I’d like to make a better visualization in a local scene with the help of the range tool (remove rooftop, slabs etc. in an animated way), but to achieve this I need multiple features—logically or geometrically separated from each other. That’s why I tried the “Multipart to Singlepart”.  This tool produced me always a geometrically correct (or at least acceptable) result. However the textures are gone—because the “Multipart to Singlepart” has a no information how to separate logical groups in the model so the textures should be recreated or at least remapped, so the “Multipart to Singlepart” have to follow the rules are mentioned in the help. So this experiment is over, I have to import the model as BIM IFC and every problem would be resolved immediately.