Can I add a halo/change size for all symbology in a feature layer?

Jump to solution
07-15-2020 10:57 AM
JuliaSurkis
New Contributor II

I created symbology for a feature layer and saved it as a style. I imported that exact same symbology to a new "selected" layer, but I wanted the selected layer's symbology to all have a halo, or some differentiating aspect than what is saved in the style. Basically I want to know if there's an easier/faster way to add something like that to all the symbology in a layer (since there are a LOT of symbols), rather than just going through and adding a halo to each one.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherBertrand
Occasional Contributor

Hi Julia,

On your Symbology window look for the More drop down menu.  Then select Format all symbols.  The changes you make on the options that come up are then made to all the symbols of the layer such as size and halos.  Note:  If you have different symbols or sizes based on scale, this will format ALL symbols by class or scale.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristopherBertrand
Occasional Contributor

Hi Julia,

On your Symbology window look for the More drop down menu.  Then select Format all symbols.  The changes you make on the options that come up are then made to all the symbols of the layer such as size and halos.  Note:  If you have different symbols or sizes based on scale, this will format ALL symbols by class or scale.

0 Kudos