Can ArcGIS Pro edit, using topology, multiple feature layers with identical geometry?

Jump to solution
05-31-2023 06:06 AM
Labels (1)
PaulLandman
New Contributor II

I am maintaining Waste Management Datasets.  There are three different layers, which all have identical geometry.  Each area relates to a street location, with collection information on litter type and vehicles for the three Collection Processes, shown below in the Green, Black and Magenta labels (General Waste, Garden and Food, and Recycling).

PaulLandman_1-1685538259553.png

When a street polygon requires to be edited, eg when there is a change in street layout, or new development, then activating Map Topology edits allow the reshape tool in ArcGIS Pro to change the other polygons within the same feature layer and maintains layer contiguity. 

PaulLandman_0-1685538212448.png

However this change needs to be done over all three layers.

Arc Map had the functionality to change the  matched topology across multiple feature layers. Does ArcGIS Pro allow this too?  If so, how do I do this?

I know that  can edit the topology correctly for each layer, but I would rather not have to make changes three times.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

Reshape with Map Topology enabled, as shown in your screenshot, will reshape all coincident editable, visible features regardless of their workspace.  With Reshape, you can use either Features or Edges tabs.  Other tools that honor Map Topology include Edit Vertices, Move, Align Edge, and more.  

Reshape, even with the No Topology option, can be used to update the shape of multiple features across layers and workspaces so long as they are editable and visible.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

Reshape with Map Topology enabled, as shown in your screenshot, will reshape all coincident editable, visible features regardless of their workspace.  With Reshape, you can use either Features or Edges tabs.  Other tools that honor Map Topology include Edit Vertices, Move, Align Edge, and more.  

Reshape, even with the No Topology option, can be used to update the shape of multiple features across layers and workspaces so long as they are editable and visible.

0 Kudos