Can ArcGIS Pro do Pie Chart Symbology for Points?

Jump to solution
09-08-2016 10:26 AM
TanyaOwens
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to do the pie chart symbology in ArcGIS Pro. I can't seem to find this option in the symbology. I was wondering if this is an option, and if not, is it planned to be added at some point?

31 Replies
robertkalasek
New Contributor III

just tested 2.3 ... still no pie chart symbology ! ! ! actually ... no chart symbology at all. and if you google "arcgis pro chart" you will end up with table based charting. its a shame ! (Talk Talk - Such A Shame (official video with lyrics) - YouTube )

BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

Kory - can you provide an update on timing for release?  This is a big road block for us implementing ArcPro.  The idea on the ideas page has said "reviewed" for a long time now.  

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks for checking in, Brett.  Teams are in the planning process for ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and it looks like they're designing this.  We've updated the idea's status here: https://community.esri.com/ideas/15833-add-pie-charts-to-arcgis-pro-symbology  Things can shift and change during the development process, so this should not be interpreted as a statement that this will be in Pro 2.5, but that is the current plan.

I hope this helps.

ElzbietaGacek
New Contributor II

Thanks for the information,

do we have some ETA for ArcGis Pro 2.5? Even a rough estimate?

Cheers

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

End of 2019, roughly

0 Kudos
ElzbietaGacek
New Contributor II

Ok thanks. I guess I'll have to get back to QGIS in the meantime then (I do not have any 'old' ArcGis laying around, unfortunately). That was a bit peculiar to give the sack to pie charts, which seemed to be quite a popular symbology feature. Not sure what Esri tried to achieve with that one. Looking forward to version 2.5!

0 Kudos
robertkalasek
New Contributor III

"a bit peculiar" is a kind statement - in particuar if regarding that coropleth maps are a no go for representing the magnitude of a phenomenon. so proportinal symbols are a must - and from ther it's just a step to pie charts !

0 Kudos
LuukLageschaar
New Contributor

How can it take more then 3 years to develop a popular feature into a new version. It's redicilous! Ill quit using arcgis PRO as it just is implemented without giving any thought to the users needs!

0 Kudos
BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

Kory - Thank you for the quick response and update.  I'm happy esri is listening to feedback and incorporating this functionality.  This will certainly help our organization migrate to Pro

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear Kory,

would it be there implemented also bar chart symbology? It´s also quite popular.

Thank you.

Vladimir

Vladimir
0 Kudos