Calculate Area Model Builder Error

12-07-2021 12:53 PM
Hailey_G
New Contributor II

I am trying to create a model builder that will calculate the area (in acres) of the polygons in a feature class and then export the attribute table to a csv. The model worked when the input shape file was in a geodatabase, however when I used a shape that was in a folder the model kicks out an error message. The area gets calculated and the csv is created, but it has no values in it. Does anyone have a solution for this? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The problem is not the model but the tools you are using (which you are not specifying) that may not support shapefiles.  You may want to try running that particular tool on your input interactively to see if it works at all on your data. (Note, shapefiles do not have a Shape_Area field if you are using that.)

ArcGIS Pro Help: Geoprocessing considerations for shapefile output 

0 Kudos
Hailey_G
New Contributor II

The two tools I am using are Add Geometry Attributes, which is adding the area field and calculating it, and then the Table to Table tool to export the attribute table to a csv. I ran both tools outside model builder and they worked on the shape file. I then ran the add geometry tool, in Model builder, on the shapefile and it worked. I then used that output of that as the input for the table to table tool and that worked, but when I put the tools together, connecting the output from the add geometry to the table to table the model fails. 

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That is strange. I'd look carefully at path names to make sure they are not problematic. Hard to suggest anything else without more information.

0 Kudos