CAD to geodatabase Tool only processes 1 cad file

05-20-2021 06:26 AM
Stefan_Thorn
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I upgraded from 2.7.3 to 2.8. Before, I could convert multiple CAD files to a file geodatabase in a single feature dataset but now only 1 file is finally processed.

Tags (3)
12 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Try adding one CAD file from the folder, then another folder option should appear to let you add more CAD files

AdrianWelsh_0-1621517748513.png

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn

Hi Adrian,

I have done this but only the first file will be added in the gdb. I have tested it with an older proces from geoprocessing history where I added 3 cad file into a gdb. running it again only 1 file is added.

SThorn_0-1621519442032.png

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wow, I wonder if you're right about this being a new bug in 2.8. Are there any special or limiting characters in your file path, like a semi-colon, that could be stopping this operation from happening?

Could you try importing directly to the geodatabase from the catalog pane and choosing "Feature Class(es)"?

AdrianWelsh_0-1621602220797.png

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn

Hi Adrian,

Yes, I think I have stumbled on a bug. I can import directly into the gdb but this of course will give not the desired result. Because  each cad file I have to select manually and is separate imported and not  all cad files are combined in the five feature classes (annotation, point, polyline, polygon, multipatch). 

SThorn_0-1622014766031.png

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn

Esri confirmed it as #BUG-000140504 The CAD to Geodatabase tool does not work correctly in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.

EgorNozdrya
New Contributor III

Still does not work after patch 2

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for posting this.  I'm having the same issue.  I'm using 2.8.2

0 Kudos
EgorNozdrya
New Contributor III
Well, escalated that bug twice at my esri/my organization/support. Esri support replied that bug fixed in coming arcgis pro version 2.9
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did they say when 2.9 will be released?

0 Kudos