Select to view content in your preferred language

CAD layers appear as single point in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-06-2023 12:00 PM
MikeFerris
New Contributor

I am trying to add a CAD file (DWG 2018) to AGIS Pro (3.1) and the layers are all empty except for a single point. I don't have access to AutoCAD but the person sending assures me that everything appears correct in the AutoCAD application. I have not experienced this with any other CAD files. I am wondering if it has something to do with the way the CAD file was created or saved. Anyone else ever seen this? 

ThirdFloorPlanScn.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ThomasHoman
Occasional Contributor III

Can you share the CAD dwg?

Also, ask your CAD folks if the linework is in the shared drawing itself or has been XREF'd in. External Reference (XREF) is a technique where other dwg's can be added to the master dwg without having to go back through the symbolization and labeling.

Regards,

Tom

View solution in original post

MichaelFerris
New Contributor II

Thanks for the XREF suggestion. I sent your suggestion to them and that solved the issue. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ThomasHoman
Occasional Contributor III

Can you share the CAD dwg?

Also, ask your CAD folks if the linework is in the shared drawing itself or has been XREF'd in. External Reference (XREF) is a technique where other dwg's can be added to the master dwg without having to go back through the symbolization and labeling.

Regards,

Tom

MichaelFerris
New Contributor II

Thanks for the XREF suggestion. I sent your suggestion to them and that solved the issue. 

MichaelFerris
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask the question about XREF.

0 Kudos