Bumped out of Pro due to license?

Jump to solution
12-06-2021 08:50 AM
DaveWilcox
New Contributor III

Recently I've been getting bumped out of Pro due to ArcGIS being unable to verify my license. It seems to happen after I've had Pro up for at least a day. I just get a popup saying something like: "ArcGIS Pro is being closed because it cannot refresh license." There seems to be no way to re-enter my password, but thankfully I am permitted to save before Pro quits. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what might be causing the problem or how I might stop thi from happening in the future?

Thanks!

- Dave Wilcox 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlkaRamnath
New Contributor III

Hi.

When you sign in, tick the "sign in automatically" box in the bottom left-hand corner.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@KoryKramer   FYI

I remember this happening in the past, but I can't locate the thread.  If memory serves, some of the suggestions were to log out and back in at least once if you intend to run a 24 hour session without saving, closing and restarting (eg, when you take a break, let Pro do the same)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I'm assuming you're using the default Named User licensing.  Could it be that you're losing internet connection?  Are you getting a 60 minute or 24 hour warning?  Check out this article of FAQs: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012574

If this is a persistent problem, you could take the Named User license offline: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/start-arcgis-pro-with-a-named-user-license.htm#...

0 Kudos
DaveWilcox
New Contributor III

I am using a Named User license through our institution's account. I saved my project, but left it up over the weekend, then got this popup when I came back in today. I realize that it is a minor thing as I could just reopen after being closed out, however it seems strange that Pro doesn't just ask me for my credentials and let me stay in.

0 Kudos
AlkaRamnath
New Contributor III

Hi

The same thing happens with me when I leave the project open like you did over the weekend or overnight. It has not been a problem for me when I resume work as I simply need to let it re-connect to the licence server (I was excited when I first discovered this as Pro lets one continue working while it tries to connect to the licence server which means I don't lose any of my work). If I need it to re-connect quickly, I open a new aprx.  I am always signed in hence Pro does not ask me for my login details as it only needs to connect to the licence server.

0 Kudos
DaveWilcox
New Contributor III

I didn't see any option to stay logged-in or provide credentials, but I'll look again next time it happens.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlkaRamnath
New Contributor III

Hi.

When you sign in, tick the "sign in automatically" box in the bottom left-hand corner.

0 Kudos
DaveWilcox
New Contributor III

I'll doublecheck that is checked.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DaveWilcox
New Contributor III

Checking the "stay logged-in option" seems to have kept me from getting bumped out.

Thanks!

- Dave

0 Kudos
AlkaRamnath
New Contributor III

You're welcome. That option is a life-saver. 

0 Kudos