Building Scene Layer Package won't work. Pro 2.7

Jump to solution
01-28-2021 10:32 AM
UmbertoCarenzo95
New Contributor III

Good evening. I'm trying to create a Building Scene Layer Package as part of my master thesis work on integration between GIS and BIM. I use ArcGIS Pro 2.7 and Revit 2019.

Because i had two linked files of architectural and structural discipline, i followed the workflow first introduced in 2.5 version: i created file a GDB using as input the two separate datasets, i then used this gdb to create a building layer which included the features from both models; the next step would be to use Building Scene Layer Package using as input the building layer ARC+STR, but when i use it as input the following error occurs.

Do you have any idea of why it says this? I thought that creating a GDB file with both the discipline models would have not duplicated all the features in the linked model.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmbertoCarenzo95
New Contributor III

I was able to understand the problem. The fact is that the output GDB was set standard on the already existing one of the project, so by creating another GDB as new to use it only for the merged GDB files the error was no more present.

I thank you however for the answer!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello Umberto, 

The problem is that you have two dataset.   You just need to run the BIM File to Geodatabase Geoprocessing tool with both BIM file (Revit) as an input. (See example)

DavidAlvarez3_0-1611865228656.png

Best regards, 

David

0 Kudos
UmbertoCarenzo95
New Contributor III

Good evening, i already did that in the first step: in order to create a Building Layer i ran BIM file to GDB with both Revit file as input.

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

If you did that the tool should only create ONE dataset. From there you can use the Make building layer and then create the package. 

0 Kudos
UmbertoCarenzo95
New Contributor III

I was able to understand the problem. The fact is that the output GDB was set standard on the already existing one of the project, so by creating another GDB as new to use it only for the merged GDB files the error was no more present.

I thank you however for the answer!

0 Kudos