Bug: Domain + Unique Values Symbology = repeating labels

03-25-2018 12:40 AM
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

When adding a domain (and possible subtypes) to a Feature Class the "Unique Values" Symbology result in repeating labels as illustrated below, running ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2:

Domain + Unique Values Symbology = repeating labels

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I just tried this with some of my own data and do not see the same behavior.  Can you check the Description of your coded value domain and make sure the repeated text doesn't occur there?

Otherwise, can you send a zipped file gdb that contains the domain and the data so that we can take a look?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AbhijeetKulkarni
Occasional Contributor

Save project. Delete current database connection, save and close Pro session. Open pro again with saved project and create new database connection. (Not confirmed workaround but worth trying if not tried).

I too noticed similar issue but then it went away, not sure which action cleaned it as I was doing several things.

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

The domains are fine as seen below:

Domains are ok

I have this issue in other File Geodatabases using domains and subtypes, also using ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2. 

This bug is also not system dependent (Win7 and Win10 systems).

I uploaded a test project here.

When i open the GDB in ArcMap 10.5.1 the labels in the Contents menu are not duplicated.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks for reporting this, Thomas.  Yes, it appears that it happens when a subtype is applied to the feature class.  I have logged the following bug:

BUG-000112731: With a subtype applied to a feature class, when the feature class is symbolized on a field with a domain applied, symbol labels are repeated.

This bug will now go to the development team to be addressed.

Thanks again for reporting this to us.

ThomasL
Occasional Contributor

Bug not fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.3:

Bug not fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.3

Any updates to BUG-000112731 Kory Kramer‌ ?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Thomas - thanks for the patience.  I've checked in with the dev team and it looks like they'll work to get this fixed in 2.4.  Sorry for the delay.

0 Kudos
MTaft-Ferguson
New Contributor III

I see this was reported fixed in 2.4, but in 2.5 the same behavior is occurring for me Kory Kramer

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi M Taft-Ferguson‌ Sorry that you're seeing unexpected behavior.  I just tested the original data that was submitted with that bug.  In Pro 2.5.1 I do not see the label repeat behavior.  Please contact technical support to troubleshoot what you're seeing.

Thank you.

0 Kudos