Buffer Wizard

Jump to solution
12-10-2020 12:42 PM
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

Just wondering if the Buffer Wizard is available in ArcGIS Pro - a quick google search didn't turn anything up. I like the ability to save the buffer in an existing editable layer rather than creating a new feature class when I need to run multiple iterations.

SarahHartholt_0-1607632669527.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

The Buffer tool found on the Modify Features pane (Edit ribbon) allows you to output the tool's results to an existing "editable" layer.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/editing/create-a-2d-or-3d-buffer.htm

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Sarah - I know exactly what you're talking about and used this in my pre-Esri days.  I looked at the internals as well as ArcGIS Ideas and don't see anything about this.  I'd recommend you create a new ArcGIS Idea for this so it gets on the radar for ArcGIS Pro equivalency.

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

thank you! I'll submit it as an ArcGIS Idea

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

The Buffer tool found on the Modify Features pane (Edit ribbon) allows you to output the tool's results to an existing "editable" layer.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/editing/create-a-2d-or-3d-buffer.htm

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Aha!  That's awesome!  I was not aware of that - today I learned!  Thx Scott!

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It never gained much traction...

Bring back the Buffer Wizard - GeoNet, The Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JamesEddy
New Contributor

The Buffer Wizard is on the Analysis Ribbon in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
efavs
by
New Contributor

If you want a buffer to be drawn inside a polygon, used the Buffer analysis tool, and specify a negitive number in the "Distance" field. 

0 Kudos
efavs
by
New Contributor

Not sure if you've found a work-around, but if you want a buffer to be drawn inside a polygon, used the Buffer analysis tool, and specify a negitive number in the "Distance" field.