Auto adjust width of dynamic text elements in ArcGIS Pro Report?

12-26-2019 10:40 AM
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to set auto width for text elements in in ArcGIS Pro? For example, concatenating elements of a road name.

If the different elements of a road name (name, post type, etc) are too close they will cut off longer road names.  Cedar Street will look fine, but a longer name like Adamantium Avenue will get cut off to Adama Avenue, or something like that.  If I adjust the width to account for long road names, it will create a lot of white space between elements of shorter names.  (See screenshots 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 attached below.)  Is there a way to auto adjust the text elements to “push” the others further right and adjust the width of each previous element to show the whole name?  I’m pretty sure Crystal Reports was able to do this.

Or, for concatenating fields, it would be nice to put multiple dynamic text field values into one element. Right now, ArcGIS Pro Report will only show the value of the first element and will show the field name of the second. (See screenshots 2.1 and 2.2 attached below.) 

I hope those explanations made sense. The screenshots should show what I’m trying to describe. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Replies